Sunday, June 1, 2008

choosing to be thankful

Owen came outside with me today. He laid on the grass as I mulched, watered, weeded and sweat. He loves to just lay in the sun. I think its the most he has stayedout in quite some time. I continue to be surprised by my enjoyment of gardening, tending, watering and watching pretty things grow. I have to keep remembering that I have and will grow.

I am glad to just take a break from the whole dating thing and pressure. I am so thankful I can walk. I continue to be stubborn when it comes to stretching although, I really have no choice at this point. I get so afraid, I get paralysed. If I just ignore it I will hope it just goes away. It doesn't though. This is my lot, this is my problem. All of us have them some people can hide some people can't. I take everything to heart so much. I want to let go. I want to not worry so much. I want to believe that I am worth all the things I believe about the children with whom I work. I want to be a contented person. I want to walk with my head held high and my soul knowing I am everything the Lord has made me to be. I want to know of his love and his care and his understanding. I want to tread lightly and take life as it comes. I want to live in the knowledge that my life even if it ends tomorrow, has meant something to someone.

No comments: