Sunday, February 1, 2009

25 random things...

This was a facebook thing write twenty five random things but because I began with my beloved, Owen it deserves a spot

1. My 20 year old cat, Owen was named after Danny De Vito in Throw Mama From the Train.
2. I talk to people and smile and mostly they smile back (mostly)
3. Some of my favorite clothes were purchased at the Salvation Army
4. I attended Seminary and interned at a state mental hospital in the same year.
5. My real name is Jennie not Jennifer. I have the same name as my mom.
6. I used to dream of being the bionic woman and marrying the six million dollar man.
7. Once while playing in a church my friend and I stole a communion wafer. I thought God would never forgive me….but now I know better.
8. I think having compassion showing mercy is more important that being convinced of being right
9. Finding friends from years past on face book makes me happy b/c I am terrible with keeping in touch.
10. I love that my family loves everyone even when we don’t like each other very much.
11. I have learned its harder to be honest but makes me a better friend that being “nice”
12. The New York Giants, Springsteen and Bono have gotten me through many a tough times.
13. It still hurts when people ask "why I just don’t get a handicapped sticker.?"
14. It took me a long time to learn how to ride a bike, when I did, It was one of the happiest days of my life. My first bike had a blue sparlkling bananna seat!
15. I was convinced from before I can remember that there is a God who loves all of us all the time.
16. I am grateful for all the children and teenagers I have had had the opportunity to meet.
17. Smelling freshly cut grass makes me smile especially after I have mowed it.
18. I say the lords prayer when ever I am stressed to myself and it calms me down.
19. Going as fast as I can on a horse, car or boat takes me to an ideal place.
20 Living by the water my entire life has made me cherish how fortunate I have been.
21. I believe and know sobriety is always an option no matter the addiction.
22. I collect and love any children’s book written by Joan Walsh Anguld
23. I trust my intuition but seek to talk less and listen more.
24. I idealize romantic love but know, its more important for me be loved and known on the inside more than the outside.
25. I remain hopeful despite the terrible state of the world, thanks in part to my amazing friends and family.

No comments: