Sunday, May 4, 2008

Doing the right thing even when I don't feel like it, feels good.

I had one of those days that makes me smile. I did things today and yesterday that made me feel like a good friend and a kind person. I need to have days like this more often.

I love Brendan, He is one of the best 8 year old boys ever made, but boy I did not want to baby sit last night. However it was Denise's birthday. I had no plans. I had no reason to say no except that I had weed whacked for the last hour, I was covered in freshly cut grass and I had to dye my hair. Like I said, I had no real reason to say no. Brendan and I watched the Sox game, we ate ice cream all was well with the world.

I love Trader Joe's. Even before I met Evan I loved Trader Joe's. Evan makes me laugh, he looks at me like I am pretty and he is adorable. So I wrote him a thank you note today for helping me through one of the roughest days of my recent past. I was exhausted, depleted and hungry, Did I mention, HUNGRY. Evan or should I say evin, as his name tag read made me laugh and the worst day, became an OK day. He walked me to my car, he hugged me, and he said he was dating someone, but I could honestly say, " That isn't why I wrote that card, or it is why I did not leave any way of contacting me, I did not want to have ulterior motives." He inquired, he cared enough to want to know why I was so upset that day, and he still looked at me like I was pretty, and he seemed sad that he was seeing some one else. I took a risk, and I am glad I did. Now, he knows he made a positive impact on this sad, person, even if it was just for today.

No comments: