Friday, May 23, 2008

lament

From another blogger:

Love is AN ACTION.
It’s a saying and statement that changed my life when I read it. I do not allow people to treat me unlovingly and then say “Sorry.” SORRY does not cut it. It is NOT OKAY for you to mistreat me and then say Sorry and think all will be will okay.
It will not be. One too many sorry’s and you’re destined for the sorry trash heap.

Its all well and good to read that and realize, I am the one that is in the trash heap, I said sorry over and over, I let my standards, my interests, and my previous life drop off and now I am rebuilding. I am figuring out how not to make the same mistakes again. I am almost 43 and trying to accept my middle age. I have no male friends, my girl friends are dealing with lots of stuff like me and we have little time for one another. I miss having fun with Jason, playing backgammon, eating sushi, but I don't miss the fights, the miscommunications, the desire to help when help was not desired, the shock and dismay of not getting our differences. I miss not feeling so alone and the physical affection that was always there. I hate there is nothing I can do to change the past, or the present. Please stop contacting me is the last word. OUCH.

No comments: