Monday, October 22, 2007

Fear of the unknown.

"You will discover that the more love you can take in and hold on to, the less fearful you will become." Henri Nouwen. Good words to remember, reminds me of "perfect love casts out fear." Fear causes bodies to recoil, hearts to close and skin to wither. Letting go of Love is one of those things that is intangible yet the truest form of God on this earth. Unselfish love, lays down our will, our wants, our hopes and says your will be done. How many times have I prayed that prayer and hoped in the back of my mind....no Lord, MY will be done. Coming to grips with ones short comings, ones sins has a twofold reaction. It reminds me of how alike I am to even the most heinous of criminals. It also gives me an appreciation for how much God's love for us must make him ache for the ways in which this world has turned away from all the goodness of the Earth. We take our natural resources for granted, we disregard life when we might have to change our way of living to welcome and care for the millions of children who go hungry or are starved for our most precious gift to give....our love and care. Not to have children makes me sad. Not to have someone to give love and then it be received and reciprocated makes me ache. I long for peace and the humility that comes from knowing how much she is loved by the one who formed her and proclaimed her to be fearfully and wonderfully made. I pray for continued healing and the strength to be the person you created me to be. Not the person who lives and reacts through fear of the future.

No comments: