Saturday, February 2, 2008

Doctors and care.

Everytime i look over and see his shaved neck I get nervous. At least I helped him and overcame my fear of what the vet might say. Do the right thing seems like a simple thing to say and a tougheer experience. I hope he felt cared for by my choice. He might have just felt abandoned. That is the worse feeling. So glad he feels better now and that i succeeded in taking care of him. Sometimes its the little things that mean the most.

Yesterday I had to go to the OBGYN. I was so nervous. It is usually a very difficult expereince. Perhaps this time my legs with all the botox will be easier to get up on those stirrups. Not this time. Still really uncomfortable. My doctor rules, not only did she decide a while ago to use a childrens speculum. It made all the difference. but she said, "would you rather rest your leg on me?" yes, if you do not mind? No, problem, no pain. The whole experience was I would not say enjoyable but not uncomfortable in the least. I thanked the doctor and said. "you are the only one that does not hurt me." She looked at me and smiled. No one let you rest your leg out of the stirrups, . No I said. So simple to be sensitive to someone with limited mobility. It made all the difference. That is what practicing responsible medicine is all about. I left relieved and happy that I no longer had to dread what I had always had to fear. Now if I have to go to another OB at some point I will know how to advocate for myself if I can't get comfortable in the stirrups. Wonderful. Owen and I both got taken care of and can feel better for it.

No comments: