Friday, February 22, 2008

a good day at the office

I keep reading this blog, she keeps trying to encourage don't give up before the miracle happens. Is there going to be a day that I stop wondering how he is, or if he still hates me, or if I will ever be the sort of person that I would like to be. Will there be a day when I don't think about Owen not being around. Every time he meows I am grateful. Every time he climbs up on my high bed, I clap on the inside.

This week I was able to reengage a little girl who had decided counseling was not for her. I asked her to write down all the things she liked and didn't like about counseling. Then I would consider it. She did so. We met. I explained that I didn't like talking about my feelings either when I was her age. I was also too afraid or too aggravated after holding all those emotions around for so long. I wanted to help her with those feelings so she wouldn't have to feel so bad all the time. "Lets Journal," She looked up, What do you mean? I mean we will journal. We wont talk just communicate this way. You can learn about me I can learn about you. Then once you aren't feeling so overwhelmed and frustrated we can stop. OK, that was OK with her. It was OK with me too. So this is what this blog is for me. I want it to be about Owen because some day he won't be around and well, He is my kid with fur. He is more than important to me. He is watching me as I type and any time now the paws will be on the key board. He just wants affection and some food every once and a while but really, its affection. I guess its true that your pets take on their owners attributes. I will wrap my head around being worthy or good enough. 'some day.

No comments: