Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Obama

I love Obama. I just listened to his speech on NPR and was so impressed with his points regarding the reality of racism and the race stalemate we are all in. Its easy to get into the blame game that we all get into trying to find a reason for why things are not as we had hoped. 'white privilege is something people are so resistant. The reality is though that not many people describe me as the white girl with brown curly hair, Anyone of any other race do not have that luxury therefore, it is a privilege and the definition of racism involved those who have a position of power.....Hello!!!! That would be the whites. I am not talking each person or their individual circumstances.....I'm talking about the entire race as compared to other races.


Obama rocks my world.
Jennie

No comments: