Monday, March 3, 2008

Owen and Mommy.

We sat, cuddled and I cut matted fur off his 19 year old body. It's become a regular occurrence as I am bound and determined to have him be matte free at some point. I love that he lets be hug him and we sit face to face while he purrs and I pet. He lets me cut out his tufts even though there is a whole nother meow into the mix. Its a mix between a meow and a growl of disapproval in essence....meowl....Oh joy is time for that big red ball between my legs to fight the adductors desire to cross or in CP speak scissoring.

My mom called and we chatted. A knee replacement hurts, It hurts, i mean it really HURTS. Her percocetts make her not be able to sleep me....all I wanted to do on percs is sleep. So we compared notes. She asked about my CP. She didn't have a clue about spasms, palsy or scissoring either. "you know if I had known I would have told you." One of the kindest things she has ever said. She had no idea what was happening to me either. No one ever explained it to her. It makes me cry just to write it. She would have helped me if she had known how. This was an unexpected gift. Thanks Mommy. I love you too.

No comments: