Thursday, April 10, 2008

Meow, and Manuel

Man U El. He is one of my former students. He is Indiana trying to find himself through studying scientology. I don't really understand it but all I care about is that it helps him. He sounded so different on the phone tonight. He had excitement and happiness in his voice for the first time that he arrived in the states from Argentina.

The change is due to his acceptance and plan to go to school and study the arts, photography, design etc. I am so excited for him. I want him to feel connected to something and for him to discover who he is, what sort of legacy he will leave, and to think that his life has been worth living.

When I hear from my former students, its like a reminder from the Lord, that my life has not been for nothing, and that I have done well by those kids, I loved and believed in them. I just thought that if I continued to do this that someday, someone would come along that would love and believe in me. I am not sure why I haven't allowed this/or why it hasn't happened, but in the mean time I am going to Love God, Love myself, in spite of all of my short comings, and pray for those with whom I care. For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, are plans so that you might have a future and a hope.......let it be so.

No comments: