Thursday, April 3, 2008

slow and steady wins the race

I can't believe I still have a clean place. I am hoping this begins new habits for me. I like walking into my house now. I am less embarrassed, stressed and am looking to do some home improvements. I usually go on vacation this time of the year, but going to visit my folks isn't relaxing. I need to relax somewhere and preferably somewhere warm. I get sick of winter by the end of march even though I know better than to believe New England has a spring. Its a myth that is passed on from generation to generation.

I think I will plant veggies this year, tomatoes, lettuce, beans, radishes, cucumbers etc. I enjoy fresh vegetables so much. I also want to start planning means thinking about ingredients prior to going to the grocery store. I used to enjoy cooking. I like to cook for others so if I can keep my house clean, then I can have company over. Gosh its been so long since that has even been a possibility. One step at a time. My neck is still hurting but practicing my stretches, swimming, and the Alexander technique is helping if I am still hurting by the end of the weekend I will go to a Chiropractor. I am beginning to pray now for strength to make it to church on Sunday.

Owen is on the pillow. He was bellowing at me outside tonight before I walked in the door. He is a riot. He actually has a bigger mouth than me. That is impressive.

No comments: