Friday, April 11, 2008

simple pleasures

I finally made it through the fifth level. Not sure how, maybe it was the Def Comedy Jam I was listening to while I tried to get past 5-4. 5-5 and 5-6 were simple. Well a good accomplishment. Another wonderful cuddling session with my main man, cat really. It is one of the best feelings to just pet and hear the purr, the meow the happiness radiating for such a simple act of affection.

Today was one of those days that was full each and every minute. I think I wasn't at my desk more than a minute without the phone ringing, the walkie calling for me or paperwork waiting to be accomplished. These days go quickly, but they make my mind race with all the things I did and all the things that need to be done.

My shinning moment today was reconnecting with a quiet young girl who is terrified of having someone know her. Its been a long trek with this one and today, there was a connection....this is what makes my work rewarding, laying the ground work for relationship, healing, insight.

Not sure what this weekend will hold but I have lots to accomplish either with my house, my next steps, my summer possibilities, my vacation plans, and for once I can say I will not be trying to beat Level 5-4 of Luxor.....its the simple things in life.

No comments: