Friday, April 4, 2008

whew....its Friday.

Owen is sitting here by the computer. He gets so territorial if I am not paying attention to him. Some might be annoyed by his constant need for affection but not me. It is comforting that someone or something cares for me and wants to be with me no matter what. I can not imagine how much more I might have been made bitter without the love and affection of my pets over the years. It makes me happy.

Today at work my supervisor told me that she was asked to present at the state house on Tuesday at the EEC Board meeting. EEC is the governing body of Early Education and Care. This is the source of my grant. They would not be asking my supervisor to sell the program if I was not doing well at my job. This was a great surprise. I haven't felt like much of anything lately. I have worked without fail but my heart has been dragging. I had no idea how I was doing or have been doing. I do know, however, how fortunate I am to have such an excellent position. The staff finally looks at me as a help vs. a hindrance. In addition I will be giving some trainings to the staff in the next few weeks. Presentations are not my forte but they are an honor to create. All in all a great week. I am so thankful to have energy and hope once again.

No comments: